26 December, 2007

Gorsical

I saw Sweeny Todd tonight. It was pretty disgusting. I knew what it was about going into it, and knowing Tim Burton's screwed up mind, I set myself up for two hours of gore. It was a "gorsical" if you will. There was plenty of good music and Johnny Depp has a surprisingly good voice, or at least the studio he recorded in made him sound good, either way I liked it. His hair reminded me of Meryl Streep in 101 Dalmatians though. Jamie Campbell Bower was a lovely addition to the cast. As far as I can tell this is his first movie, and more than anything he was lovely to look at, which is usually Johnny's job, but I couldn't shake the Meryl image from my head. I found a picture of Jamie on IMDB that looks like Hilary Duff however. What's with all these good lookin' actors lookin' like chicks man?So, in the end, despite the gore and some sound stuff that annoyed me, the movie was pretty darn good. Good music, good cinematography, good acting. I guess I can't complain too much. I just wish I wasn't so nauseas now.

No comments: