18 April, 2008

A Piece of Something Bigger

Some thoughts on love I wrote a few weeks ago.

"...love is such a huge thing, or so I hear. I know love isn't like the movies or the songs or the Jane Austen novels. But it's big in a different way. It means respect and the utmost honesty, and the promise that you trust this one person with your heart, and they promise to take care of it. But people are flawed and they forget to keep their promises. That's why it's so scary.

When you decide succumb to love, you have made a conscious decision to let down your walls and allow the potential of heart break to enter your life because this beautiful person you have found is worth it in every way. You know that no matter how much they could hurt you in the future, or how badly everything could end, you wouldn’t give up what you have with them right now for anything.

That is love."

Am I completely off? Those of you who have actually BEEN in love, let me know what you think...

No comments: