06 May, 2008

Hoods, The Plague, and Gavin DeGraw

I'm sick.
Like very sick.
But not as sick as I thought I was.
But there's still time.

I think I have strep, but hey at least it's not throat cancer or the plague. Unfortunately, because I went to the doctor to confirm the absence of cancer and the plague in my body, I now cannot afford to go check for strep. According to Google it will go away by itself but I've probably infected everyone I've come in contact with. Sorry guys! If anyone has about 60 bucks they could spare, you'd really being doing the great Denver metro area a favor.

The thing I've been hating most about being sick are the things I miss out on! I've been holed up in my apartment, trying to not spread infectious diseases, while everyone is out celebrating Cinco de Mayo, doing shots of tequila, and sending me drunk text messages. I hate to stand on the sidelines when it's not my choice. We all know I'm a social person that needs lot of down time. But it's down time on my terms! Not some bacteria that has taken up residence in my throat! That is so gross to thing about by the way. Does that mean every time I swallow it goes into my stomach, because that can't be good. Am I just spreading the disease around my body? This could be worse than the plague.

And in the spirit of being sick and tired and lethargic, what is it about hoods that are so darn comforting? They're seriously right up there with chicken noodle soup and hugs from mom. When you're cold, or sad, or swallowing bacteria into your belly, there's nothing like a nice hood to make you feel better. When you're feeling especially crummy, you flip that hood over your head, pull your sleeves down over your thumbs, cross your arms, slouch in your chair and make a miserable face. Next to orange juice, this is the best remedy for a cold, trust me.

Well, I feel especially crummy and am without a hood, so I'm going to try to find comfort some other way (possibly some Resses Peices?)

PS- "Crazy For This Girl" by Evan and Jaron just came on my Pandora station. Everyone make a nostalgic sigh together...

PPS- Go buy a copy of Gavin DeGraw's new album that drops today! I haven’t listened to it yet, but I'm quite sure it has to be amazing. I mean come on, it's Gavin!

1 comment:

Ben Brazda said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and thought this post was funny cause I took the day off sick today (SARS I think) and have nothing better to do than browse the web. Anyway, you are right, hoods totally kick ass. Bye.