01 May, 2008

The Perks of Being a Band-Aid

Genny wrote me on Facebook yesterday saying the guys from The New Frontiers were going to stay with her Wednesday and Thursday night (tonight). She said she wanted Jack Jack and I to come over and hang. But 8pm rolled around with no phone call and I figured Casa Bonita was just too much fun and they wouldn't be making it back to her apartment at a reasonable hour. So I threw my hair in a pony tail, slipped into some PJs and got ready (happily) for an early night of inevitably falling asleep at 9. But hey, I'm a working girl and have to get up at 5am these days.

Of course, shortly after I started this "nightarising" routine, Genny calls and says her roommates are gone and doesn't want to be alone when the band gets there. Jackie luckily was already at my apartment picking up some edemome and strawberries. I threw on some jeans, took my hair out of a pony before a crease could settle in and we were on our way. I set an 11pm curfew for myself, which I quickly reconsidered and changed to 11:30. Once we got to Genny's house I did some inward negotiations and allowed myself to leave at midnight, convinced I would turn into a pumpkin anytime after that.

Long story short, the guys were hilarious, I got wrapped up in label gossip and "The String Theory," got home at 1:30 and got to sleep by 2. I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 (and hour and a half late) and still made it to work by 7:30. Not too shabby.

Did you know the secret to the universe can be found at The Snake Pit on 13th and Welton? It's true. And next door has the best three meat and pineapple pizza in Denver, but should always be followed by a run to Wendys.

Tonight is the show and everyone should go! The Falcon Bowl on Broadway, near the Gothic. Tickets are 6 bones and the show gets started at 9pm. And if you're interested... www.purevolume.com/thenewfrontiers

Hottubbing should be interesting. More on that later...

No comments: