19 August, 2009

The Mourning of a Season

Summer is almost over.  I have mixed feelings about it all.  I'm looking forward to fall and the smells of pumpkin and nutmeg, light weight sweaters and coffee shops.  But I do love summer.
I love letting my toes out to breathe.
I like long days that never get cold.
I love being able to let my shoulders see the world.
I love being carefree.
I didn't nap under trees enough.
I want more chances to ride my bike through the city.
I love running with the kids at the park.  It works better than wrinkle cream.
I need the sun to remind me what hope look likes.
I'm afraid of responsibility and the person it turns me into.

Now I'm bogged down with school and work, the threat of snow (I HATE snow) and the realization that I won't be able to write as much anymore.  I'm afraid this passionate streak I've been on is going to fade away amongst the deadlines and tests.

Goal for the next 5 months: Balance productivity and creativity, always favoring creativity.
{the perfect summer photo above was found here}

No comments: