27 May, 2009

Random Thoughts This Wednesday


My summer reading list is getting a little out of control.  I need to prioritize, or rename it my "Books I Simply Want to Read at Some Point or Another."  Suggestions are still welcome.

I'm making big plans for my room in our apartment.  I need to talk to my landlord about some that are a bit more permanent than others.  Plans include:
  1. Chalkboard Paint on a weird, half-wall behind my chair.  This is where I write most of the time, so chalking up some quotes or ideas might be fun.
  2. Painting the rest of the walls a warm, muted yellow color
  3. Painting my white dresser a sage green, adding new hardware 
  4. Sewing a curtain for my door way (I don't have an actual door)
  5. Making a slip cover for my wonderfully comfortable, yet shabby (and not chic), arm chair
  6. This awesome wall decal:

I'd like to try for a secret garden, international, world market feel.  I'm still debating on what color the dresser should be.  I wanted purple with a gold speckle effect, but since it's the roommate's and she doesn't want to have to attempt to paint over that, the idea's been vetoed.  

I just wrote a few letters to my Compassion International child.  Her name is Akello Brenda and she is from Uganda.  Isn't she wonderful?  I'd love to visit her someday.

Band recomendation of the week (not that it's a weekly thing, but we'll see)- The New Frontiers.  This a horrible recomendation because they broke up a few months ago, but I don't care.  I love them dearly.  Their song Mirrors is truly magical. I would like Nathan (lead singer) to hold my hand and sing me to sleep every night. Listen and be inspired:


And I leave you with this:


PS- A rather hunky guy told me I have pretty eyes today.  It was in a completely friendly way, but it felt nice all the same :)

No comments: