29 May, 2009

To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others


Over at Naturally Nina, she asked what would your perfect day be.  Here's my own take on it, however I'm posing the question, if you could spend the entire day, with just yourself, what would you do?  I think we often are surrounded by so many people, in real life, and through our phones, the internet etc.  But what if we turned all that off and just spent some time with ourselves.  What would you do?

It just so happens I have the chance to do just that today.  Here are my plans:

Sit in my chair a bit longer, smelling the lilacs that grow just outside my window.  I love living here.


Take a deliciously long shower.  I haven’t really done this since Sunday (eeps!) My hair is crying out for a luscious lather, and I am going to indulge it.  I was going to hold off until I had "something to do or go to" but spending time with myself is enough of an event.


Sip some green tea and flip through Real Simple.


Work on my room a bit.  Pick out some photos to put in my Urban Outfitters frames that have sat in their box for about 6 months. 


Call Lisa, my midwifery friend.  Set up a time to have lunch and chat about her terribly interesting field, perhaps take steps to enroll in a program.


Walk to The Red Umbrella.  Order a Baraktea Chai (yes, it’s name after the president) and a light lunch.  Sit out side and read my new book.


Walk home, take the long way and appreciate the wonderful neighborhood I live in.  Oogle over the stately homes that surround my humble little apartment.


Check off somethings from my to do list.  They may not be fun right now, but I’ll feel better when I do.


Plan a fantasy trip to Portland.  Find a way to make it happen.


Ride my bike to Cheesman and journal under my tree until my hand cramps up.  Take a nap if the mood strike.


Pedal home.  Change into something comfortable and watch a favorite movie I haven’t seen in a while.

1 comment:

Analiese said...

Your perfect day sounds very peaceful, and I like the emphasis on solitude. I read your "About me" section a couple minutes ago - I can be somewhat of a recluse myself (especially when I'm working on a project of some kind), so I totally relate.