10 June, 2009

Away We Go

Roommate was sent some free tickets for a preview of Away We Go.  So I made us some cuban beans and rice and we headed down to see it (note the frugalness of the FREE movie.  Being broke isn't so bad after all).  

I loved this movie.  The cinematography was wonderful.  John Krasinski was fabulous.  Maya Rudolph was beautiful.  The soundtrack was great.  The entire film was just amazing.  Their relationship was perfect, in it's imperfections.  The two are kindred spirits, which is all we can ever hope for in a significant other.  John Krasinski's character reminded me a lot of someone I once knew and cared a lot about.  Actually all of the dynamics of their relationship reminded me of him and I and so in that respect that movie made me a little sad.  It was like looking at a future he and I probably will never find together.  But all of that aside it was really a beautiful film and I recommend it to everyone.  I'm not sure when it comes out but when it does, you should absolutely see it.



Ps- the city is obnoxiously loud tonight. Not in a humming sort of way, in an unsettled sort of way. It's making me nervous.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lovely review - i watched the trailer for this film a while ago and loved the whole feel of it....good to know that it's worth seeing

stopped by to say thank you for following me on blossom xx

take care, sharon xx