04 June, 2009

This Is Not My Week

Oi vay.  This week has been a rough one, which explains the lack of posts.  Long hours at work, rainy days which equals restless kids (I'm a nanny if I hadn't mentioned that before), anxiety attacks, awkward moments that will lead to awkward/changed friendships, and strained family ties.  

Family.  They can be the best thing in the world.  The one place you can turn to when there's no where else.  But they also know how to push each other's buttons, how to say the little things that fester just beneath the skin, eating further and further until there's nothing left, and an inevitable blow up ensues.  And pride.  Don't even get me started on pride.

Pride is why I'm typing these thoughts out to the blogosphere instead of facing what's really going under this roof.  So in my sad attempt to gain some perspective, I offer this vague predicament to you lovely blog friends.  Any words of inspiration are greatly appreciated.
{photo found here and taken by Tanya Prilukova}

2 comments:

erin said...

oh! sounds like a rough week! hope this weekend offers you a bit of rest from it all! thanks for visiting my blog!

erica marie said...

I know what you're going through. I had a pretty rough week at work as well. I'm so thankful for the weekends. But I hope it gets better for you. It has to get better...that's what I told myself. You can only fall down so far right?