19 June, 2009

If I lived here, I would never leave.
And here's some Stories of the Day from StoryPeople that I've been saving up.

"I'm beginning to think peace is something we made up to keep us from being satisfied with all this luscious chaos"

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them."

"There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good."

And finally, here's my musical recomendation for you.  Dan Craig.  A local Denver musician.  He's really got a lovely voice.  This is a video of him and his wife, Jessica Sonner, singing together.  She's also got a great voice.  Bam, double recommendation.  Go listen and love.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness, is that a library?
Me either.
I am so glad there is someone else in this blogging world who wants to be an author too someday.

Sarah said...

I believe it's a bedroom/library, which every bedroom should be I think. I love the blue and gray. So melancholy :)
And yes, I love that you want to be an author as well. Have you made any attempts at novel writing? I've only written a few short short stories that I'm afraid aren't any good. Starting a novel just feels so intimidating I haven't even attempted it yet.

Jen said...

Oh, gasp! I looooove that bedroom! It's everything I'd ever want in room!!!