29 January, 2010

Outlooks



Oh no, another prolonged absence from the blogging world. I'm seriously hoping this won't become a trend because one of my goals for the year is to really grow this blog and commit to it.

I've been thinking a lot about what I want this should look like, this little place where I go to spill my beans. What do I want it to be about and where do I think it ought to go. In a really simplified essence, all I want is an audience and quality content to give to them. I suppose you could construe "wanting an audience" as being a bit self involved and nihilistic. But let's be honest here, not many of us have blogs for totally selfless purposes. No one wants what they have to say go unheard.

So there you have it, my two end goals:
1) Audience
2) Quality content

But I also want to gear myself towards a better theme and concept. I named the blog "Hindsight" in a bit of a passive move many years ago, before I even wrote in it regularly. But I haven't been able to bring myself to change it. There's so much that can be found in Hindsight. Knowledge, regret, humor, the list goes on. But here's where you guys come in. Since you're the ones reading and commenting, what do you want to see from me? Do you want more pictures, more socially and globally aware posts (something I'd like to add more of this year), inspiration blogging, creative pieces I've written, sniveling boy drama (I don't really have time for boys, but if you want it, I can make some up). Let me know what you want to see, what you're interested. I want to research the world for you. Tell me where I should sail off to...

PS- I'll probably only be posting once a week for a while with school and all. What are your thoughts on that? Keeps you hanging and wanting? Or makes the blog forgettable?

PPS- A new project is coming up very VERY soon and I'm so excited to share it with you all. It's something that's really going to make this year something special.

{photo found here}

6 comments:

E said...

I don't think it's wrong to want an audience for your writing. OF course, as a writer, all you want is for people to read and like what you have written. It's like an actor saying, "I don't care if anyone watches the play I'm performing in, I just want to act."

Anyway. As for Hindsight's future content, I say just write whatever takes your fancy when you sit down to type out a post. I'll be honest, my eyes tend to glaze over the socially aware posts (this is something I do everywhere - blog posts, magazine articles, newspapers, online articles. Everywhere) but if it's something you're interested in, write write write.

Personally, I love the thought of reading creative pieces and real life dramas, whether they are boy-related, work-related or just what's happening in someone's life. Otherwise, I can read a newspaper. I like the thought that I'm reading someone's diary, their personal thoughts and wishes, without the guilt that comes along with reading someone's diary!

And the once a week thing - that's cool too. It does keep you hanging. I get really annoyed with the bloggers who post constantly, like multiple posts a day. I get bored. Play a bit hard to get!

Well, I've been extremely opinionated in this comment! Right. I'm off to enjoy my weekend now! Have a great weekend!

Emily said...

Aw your blog is adorable! I love it. :) Xoxox-

Emily said...

Aw your blog is adorable! I love it. :) Xoxox-

Sarah said...

Elise- Yeah I don't know why I felt like I needed a disclaimer in there. I don't think anyone with a blog with disagree with the desire to have an audience. I guess that's a fancy way of saying "i'd like to grow my followers. How do I do that??" Haha, but saying "follower" instead of "audience" sounds so... dirty? I dunno.

I'll definitely be adding more creative pieces. So there won't be as much back story on my life for a bit, but a) my life is boring as hell right now. My imagination will make for a much better read. and B) It'll force me to sit down and work on those pieces.

I love your opinions! That response was exactly what I was looking for :) Thanks for your insight!


Emily Anne- It's great you stopped by my humble little blog and THANK YOU for the compliment :) I'm going to head over to yours and check it out... right after this six hour geology class is over. Ugh, suck my soul out why don't you? Haha. Thanks again!

E said...

Well I think you've got your list for what to include already made up (minus the sniveling boy drama). It really shows when a blogger stays true to what interests them...so write about what you want, and the audience will follow.

Iva Messy said...

just always stay true to your heart!! It will show! Happy Friday!! Have a great weekend!!