13 September, 2009

Sunday Funday


I've toyed with this idea in the past, a weekly installment featuring a new artist, song, or video. What do you think? I have some ideas building up for the first few weeks. No promises on them being so completely fresh you've never heard of a single one, but I can promise they'll be at least be talented and have a myspace page. I think I have pretty decent taste in music, or at least I know which guilty pleasures need to remain a secret.

I was a music business major for a while. It almost ruined my "everything" for music. My love, my passion, my everything. When you listen to a song and only see dollar signs, you start to get a little bitter. Or, at least I did. I have several friends that graduated the program that have no problem using art as a commodity. Not to say they shouldn't. It's only the was we can share what we create and earn enough revenue to keep creating. I just hope they do it well. Sitting in class with these innocent eyed students, proclaiming their love for the indie sector and denouncing the major labels, I think they just might.

But I digress. Moral of the blog, Mondays will be New Music Mondays. That title is totally overdone, I know, but I've been sitting here for an hour and it's the best I could come up with. Any other aliterated (my made up adjective from "alliteration") ideas are very much welcome.

Enjoy your Sunday you pretty things.

No comments: